Saipan International Airport:
- It is the gateway to the CNMI, serving Saipan, Rota & Tinian.
- It can accommodate wide-bodied aircraft, i.e. DC 10's and 747's.
- Runway is 8,700 feet long with a parallel taxiway and connecting taxiways.
- Main terminal accommodates international passengers with six jetways.
- Convenient Immigration and Customs processing.
- Major airlines operating: Delta Airlines, Asiana Airlines, Shanghai Airlines, Sichuan Airlines, China Eastern and Fly Guam.
- Flights are direct from cities in Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, China and Guam.
- Commuter terminal serves as feeder for Tinian and Rota using single engines, Shorts 360 and ATR 42 aircraft (inter-island travel). Airlines operating from the commuter terminal are Freedom Air, Star Marianas and Arctic Circle Air Company.
- Major duty free concessionaire (Duty Free Shoppers) offers high-quality products.
- Experienced caterer (LSG Lufthansa) provides food and beverage service for flight kitchen and restaurants.
- Six car rental companies available:
- Premier Alliance Corporation (Tel: 670-288-2847)
- Budget Rent A Car (Tel: 670-234-8232)
- Alamo/National Car Rental (Tel: 670-288-4400)
- Islander Rent a Car (Tel: 670-234-8233)
- Microl (Toyota) Corporation (Tel: 670-288-0013)
- Hertz Car Rental (Tel: 670-288-0042)
- Automated teller machine, tourist information booths, cargo handling services, snack shops, a massage booth, wireless internet service, and overnight parking facilities.
- Airport is open 24 hours, seven days a week.
- 24-Hours Operating Air Traffic Control Tower
- 24-Hours Operating Aircraft Rescue Firefighting (ARFF) personnel/equipment
- FAA certified facility
Currently, CPA has four major airport projects ongoing consisting of rehabilitating the 30 year old runway, installation of new generators for the terminals, Tower and Airport Fire Station, renovation to the Pacific Region ARFF Training Center and various renovations to the international and commuter terminal. These projects are funded through grants from the Federal Aviation Administration’s Airport Improvement Program.
Future anticipated projects include expansion of the Airport Fire Station, procurement of ARFF vehicles, installation of a PAPI at Runway 25, procurement of a runway sweeper, replacement of two passenger loading bridges and updating of the airport master plan.